The following is Stage 4 Restrictions for Melbourne supplied by the Victorian Government as it relates to the pet industry.
Under Stage 4 ‘Stay at Home’ Restrictions the default is that workplaces in metropolitan Melbourne are closed unless the workplace is part of a permitted industry as set out below. All Victorians are required to work from home, except where this is not practicable. Sole operators can continue to operate, if they do not have contact with the public, or with people other than those persons living in their primary household.
The below table outlines examples of workplaces that are open for on-site work with a COVID Safe Plan, and where there are restricted operations or industry specific obligations.
This information is subject to the Directions of Victoria’s Chief Health Officer.
Open (for on-site work) – COVID Safe Plan
- Animal saleyards, knackeries and transportation of animals (including livestock and pets)
- Animal feed production, transportation, packaging, sale, and feeding (including livestock and pets);
- Veterinary clinics and related services, including on-farm visits and to veterinary clinics, animal minding services and artificial insemination
- Animal pounds and shelters
- Teaching and scientific facilities which require the keeping or use of animals
- Any business or undertaking involved in relevant support services, such as food safety and verification inspection or associated laboratory services and biosecurity functions
A PDF with full details on Stage 4 Restrictions can be downloaded from hereView Fullscreen