Baxta – the first Australian pet app which offers all things ‘pet’ in one place – launches today to inject some much-needed fun back into 2020!
Found on Apple’s App Store, Baxta is a free social networking platform for pets, connecting pet parents with over 10,000 services and products recommended, rated and reviewed by the global pet community.
Whether your pet walks, crawls, flies, slithers, hops, or swims, Baxta enables pet parents to set up a social media profile on their pet’s behalf in seconds while connecting quickly to services, destinations, vet advice, customer reviews, meetups and events.
Pet owners are already using traditional social media channels like Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat for pet profiles. But these platforms weren’t made for the pet world. Baxta is that platform.
The app has six key areas to make life easier and more fun as a pet owner:
- Find professional pet services: Find pet services and products near you. Rate and review to share with your local pet community.
- Build your pet’s profile: Share pics, tag pet friends and share stories on their very own social media account. Your pet could be the next pet influencer!
- Explore with your pet: Discover pet friendly restaurants, accommodation, café’s, pubs and more.
- Lost and found: Mark your pet missing on the app and have a community of pet people on the lookout. Find them faster and get them home safe with a smarter pet app.
- Learn about your pet: Stay on top of news relating to your pet with the Baxta blog, filled with expert advice and guidance.
- Stay connected: Find out about pet events in your areas including shows, pet fundraisers, walk-a-thons, etc.
The app is the brainchild of Sydney-based, successful entrepreneur Chris Russell, who has pulled together a team of pet lovers and spent years developing Baxta from the ground up.
When Chris adopted his beloved pooch Daisy into the family, he wanted to get reliable advice, find pet-friendly places and share her story with family and friends all in one place.
“When I adopted my little Frug, Daisy, it was love at first sight!” says Chris Russell, founder of Baxta, “I wanted to share pics of my new little buddy and find local cafes and parks where I could show her off, but I found it very difficult to find and share the info I needed.”
“I wanted everything I needed in one place, easily scrollable and at my fingertips.
“Baxta is the ultimate pet friendly app making it fun and easy to create and share priceless memories with your besties and passionate animal lovers everywhere!”
Veterinarian Dr Simone Maher is vet advisor for the app and gives quick, simple advice to pet owners. She says that Baxta is about so much more than sharing cute photos. “The team is driven by a passion for pets and this is evident in every aspect of the app.”
“At Baxta, we’re all about creating a movement which helps educate people to improve animal welfare.”
The team behind Baxta is passionate about creating a more pet-friendly world. With charity partners RSPCA and the Australian Welfare League, giving back to the animal community is a defining focus for Baxta.